Let’s face it. Lead Generation is tough. Especially in a B2B landscape. Unlike B2C prospecting where literally every person online is a potential customer, identifying the B2B prospect is much more complex. It demands much more in terms of time, effort, perseverance and skills.
How do you take the pain out of this? What should you do to make your lead generation efforts more effective? Here are 5 tips to make your lead gen more result oriented –
- Identify your buyer persona. First of all, spend some time to identify your target segment. What kind of enterprises will constitute your typical contacts pool? Which businesses will gain from using your product or service? Is your offering relevant to only a certain specific industry? What is the typical size of your target prospect? What stage of the business life cycle is the enterprise in? Create a well-defined buyer persona to represent perfectly the segment your business is targeting. Focused conversion efforts will increase the probability of success.
- Understand your product. What is your product/service’s core value proposition? What is your offering? What are its key features? What unique characteristics does it possess? What pain area does it address? Understand your product. Know its features, USP, and applicability thoroughly.
- Understand the competition. Invest in adequate market research to identify actual and potential competitors. Study them. Find their strengths and more importantly, their weaknesses. Competitor experiences can provide valuable insights into functioning in a crowded market and avoiding inherent pitfalls.
- Draw up a clear strategy. Set targets. Set goals. Set timelines. Outline your purpose. Set up a clear roadmap for action, to provide direction and focus to efforts. Periodically review progress. Take corrective action promptly. Time is critical. Reaching out and establishing contact at the right moment can make or break a sale.
- Focus on relationship building. So your prospect is not ready for a sale. The interest in your offering, though is genuine. Don’t let go. Stay engaged. Stay connected. We are building a relationship here. You need to work on it.
Keep in mind these rules and get ready to build up a steady queue of leads. Good luck and happy B2B prospecting!